Posting at SHINE

After almost 3 years of posting to this blog I've decided I am going to simplify my life and put all posts (for all my children!) on my "photography blog": SHINE!
I hope to see you there!

Friday, August 17, 2007

A new photo


The most amazing thing happened today . . . I saw a post on the orphanage group I joined on Wednesday, that a family who adopted from Zhouzhou's orphange in June had photos of some of the other kids. Anyone interested in seeing them should email the family. I emailed Lori and she emailed me the photos. I was so excited to see a photo of Zhouzhou! So this is a photo taken when she was 11 months old, 2 months newer than her referral photos. I really struggled with fear in accepting the referral because at 9 months it said she could pick up her head while laying on the ground, and she could track objects. Very scary to me that a 9 month old was not said to be sitting, rolling over or pulling to a stand. I prayed and honestly felt that we were meant to have her, whatever her destiny is. Matt and I both felt that we should proceed. Then to have a photo of her THE VERY NEXT DAY! where she is in the creeping position in her crib! I'm so amazed that God cared about this fear of mine enough to work out all these details and I have the photo that came all the way from a small orphanage in China, taken by a family in America and is right here on my computer here in Australia the very next day.

No comments:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11