Posting at SHINE

After almost 3 years of posting to this blog I've decided I am going to simplify my life and put all posts (for all my children!) on my "photography blog": SHINE!
I hope to see you there!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Last day in Guangzhou.

Today we spent our last day in Guangzhou. We had a great time and started the day out with a trip to a Temple and The Chen Family Museum. Both places were interesting and we enjoyed seeing a little more of this area. Jonah & Isabella were happy just to play with their baby sister :) Grandma enjoyed playing with Tia too . . . .
We returned to the hotel and took "Red Couch Photos" with the two other adoptive families here with our agency. The babies did really great and I think we got some fabulous photos. We did some family photos also and are hoping to have some good ones. Say CHEESE!
After lunch we went to Tia's Consulate Appointment and took our oath. It was fun to see the other 20 or so families and their new children. Tomorrow morning we go to the Australian Consulate and get Tia's Australian Visa. Everything has been going really smoothly and we are looking forward to being back in Sydney on Saturday morning. If all goes as planned we should be in Hong Kong by 2 pm. Our flight doesn't leave until Friday afternoon so it looks like we will get a chance to take the kids to Hong Kong Disney. We are all packed and ready for a 6:30 am wake up call. I'm not sure we will post again until we are home on Saturday -

Thanks for all your encouraging comments and your prayers. This has been a wonderful trip, we feel so incredibly blessed with our new baby girl. We are really thankful to God that Tia is transitioning so well. We are also thankful that noone got sick and we had no mishaps except my mom losing her camera - I am still hoping that it turns up by some miracle.
We would be really appreciative for your prayers for a safe trip home and a continued smooth transition for all of us.

Cheers for the last time from Guangzhou, land of bicycles carrying as much as small semi trucks :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures and I love Elijah's outfit! It looks like Tia is enjoying having her own family!!! Have a safe trip back to Australia and hope to see you in Hawaii!! Love Annie and Madeleine

Angel said...

These pictures are just precious. JUST PRECIOUS! Angel

Anonymous said...

The girls and I have followed your journey and couldn't be happier for all of you. Ellie, thank you for being such a dedicated blogger and keeping us all informed. Regarding the stomach cramps, I have a friend who adopted a little girl from Liberia and she went through the same thing. It's eating a normal diet. They're not used to it. I think the foods are too rich but they get used to it and gain weight fast:)
Love,
Jami and Family

marcy said...

It's Friday evening and I'm guessing you are in the air on your way HOME! I miss all of you. It was such a joy to get to know you a bit and I look forward to keeping in touch and hopefully meeting again someday soon.
Can't wait to hear about Hong Kong Disney! I'll bet you all had a blast.
Marcy

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11