Posting at SHINE

After almost 3 years of posting to this blog I've decided I am going to simplify my life and put all posts (for all my children!) on my "photography blog": SHINE!
I hope to see you there!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Attitude??

Tia Tree2
I'm not sure if you can see the 'attitude' in this photo or if I just see it because I am looking at it at the end of a very long day with the Princess of Quite-A-Lot (Princess of Way-Too-Much I'm thinking at the moment!)

We have had a lot of rough nights with the Princess lately and yesterday at the grocery store whenever she was near enough to any items she would grab them and then throw them down. (I kept wondering what the people that watch on those cameras were thinking!) She has been grabbing toys from her siblings and then just screaming - and she has just been screaming at us a lot. We are getting really tired . . . and I think we are re-assessing how to deal with this behavior, obviously something has to change . . . So I don't mean to sound negative as she is our fourth child and we do find with each one that we are on a parenting journey. We just need to sort of figure out how to discipline more effectively. She is so strong willed. and beautiful. and charming. the beauty & charm bring attention everywhere from everyone and so that reinforces her sense of entitlement I think.

any advice??

6 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh goodness that is one adorable picture! What a cutie pie she is. I LOVE those shoes with the skirt. Sadly, Olivia has outgrown all of her squeaky shoes.

~Lynn

* said...

Don't know what to tell you. Hope it's just a phase. Gosh, her skirt reminds me of SU! paper! Beautiful girl!

Unknown said...

She is a cutie!! My Mom says my daughters are -strong willed, goal oriented, and determined. I say they are stubborn and pig-headed.
I know that it is a constant reminder to them that they have good manners- because they are cute- and charming and people just give them things.
Pick one battle and work on that - ignore the junk (the stuff they do to get you to react) and positively re-enforce the good. When I took my parenting class they told me sometimes you just have to be positive over really little things so that you can give them so positive feedback.
She is beautiful!!!!!

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh my, what a cutie!! I don't have any great advice, but I think my youngest feels she can get away with a bit more because she gets all the "ooohss and ahhhs" when we go out, too, so I can relate.

I also wanted to say a big THANK YOU for your comment. Thanks for sharing what your soon-to-be 11-year old thought of Da Xin's room. I am so thankful to have this perspective. Also, thanks for saying this is such a fun age. I really don't know what to expect, but am looking more forward to it every day.

Angel said...

Im not sure how it's possible but our girls get even cuter every day.

Amy Jo said...

Oh, I've been there. Praying God gives you wisdom on how to meet your sweet girl's needs. My personal experience has been that parenting an adoptive child is completely upside and backwards than parenting my children thru birth. Again, I pray for wisdom for you! (And patience and perseverence!) :-)

BTW - I LOVE Tia's skirt. Where in the world did you find it? (whowangus(at)yahoo(dot)com) THANKS!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11