Posting at SHINE

After almost 3 years of posting to this blog I've decided I am going to simplify my life and put all posts (for all my children!) on my "photography blog": SHINE!
I hope to see you there!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

it was written in his book.


your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 16

One year ago today we received our pre-approval from China to adopt Ni Chou Zhou - who is now Kristiana Hope (which means "Anointed Hope"): our little Tia. This meant that as long as we were who we said we were (and we obviously were/are!) we were approved to be Tia's Forever Family.

It would have been my Mom & Dad's 50th anniversary. A Happy/Sad moment really. In Chinese adoption we call that a red thread. Those moments give me chills . . . those times in our lives where we are so aware that God is orchestrating our lives with his eternal purposes in mind.

What an amazing year this has been! I'm so glad we finally have our Princess home. We feel incredibly blessed and honored to raise Tia in our family - and to think it was all written in God's book before we even came to be!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

being an adoptee myself, that verse means so much to me. my dear friends have received their pre approval for their daughter in China and are just waiting on that call to say, Come and get her!!!
I LOVE ADOPTION!!!

Rebel said...

I remember it as if it was just yesterday... having our journies converge made it so much easier! Hugs to you!!!

I think Tia is blessed to have such a wonderful mommy... and family!!!

Rebel

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11