Posting at SHINE

After almost 3 years of posting to this blog I've decided I am going to simplify my life and put all posts (for all my children!) on my "photography blog": SHINE!
I hope to see you there!

Friday, June 22, 2007

"Messenger of Hope"

After playing with names for the past few months we have a preliminary favorite :-)

Our little T-girl will most likely be named Tessa. We played with the names Tea', Alexandra, Anastacia, Sophia, Julia and many more. All the kids had a say and they wouldn't consider a name that didn't end in "a". We eliminated based mostly on how they sounded with the other kids names. We chose Jonah, Isabella, Elijah & Tessa. I still like Tea' (Tee-ah) and it sounds good with the others but I do think Tessa is the perfect name. Tessa means "messenger" and when you combine it with Hope - it is perfect in every way!

Now we are praying Ephesians 1: that the eyes of our heart may be opened that we may know what (who!) is the "Hope" of our calling, the riches of our inheritance among the saints!" I had been meditating on this scripture daily as encouraged during a sermon. One day I realized how perfect the name is for our little girl's middle name. "Tessa Hope" has been conceived in my heart! I had this same sense when we felt called to Ukraine for our son Elijah - a little one has been conceived in my heart and we need to go get her!

No comments:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11